Browse by Category > Keys to School Leadership
Keys to School Leadership
A practical guide for current and aspiring school leaders
Author(s): Phil Ridden and John De Nobile
Publisher: ACER Press 2012
Keys to School Leadership provides a compelling and timely review of the fundamental principles underpinning leadership success in schools today. Phil Ridden and John De Nobile apply a fresh, innovative and contemporary approach to the meaning of school leadership, the notion of team leadership and the implications for practice. They engage with emerging issues and anticipate future trends, taking the concept of leadership beyond the classroom, beyond the school and into the wider community.
Each chapter contains practical ‘Reflect’, ‘Shift the Focus’, ‘Make it Personal’ and ‘Case Study’ sections that scaffold the developing themes, encouraging the reader to adapt and relate the material to their own specific context and circumstance. The theory-based ‘Further Investigation’ sections provide a range of pertinent resources for those wishing to learn more.
Moving from negotiation to collaboration, from empowerment to succession and from leadership to influence, Keys to School Leadership embeds a critically reflective mindset not just for principals,
but for all school-based people who lead or who aspire to lead.
About the authors:
Dr Phil Ridden has held teaching and leadership roles in government and independent primary and secondary schools. A recently retired principal, he is the author of several books on school management.
Dr John De Nobile’s career has included roles as teacher, educational auditor and member of school leadership teams. He is currently a senior lecturer in education at Macquarie University, Sydney.
Table of contents:
- Chapter 1 - Administration, leadership and influence
- Chapter 2 - Tasks, goals and achievement
- Chapter 3 - Maintenance, improvement and alignment
- Chapter 4 - Individuals, teams and partnerships
- Chapter 5 - Delegation, negotiation and collaboration
- Chapter 6 - The classroom, the school and the world
- Chapter 7 - Dependency, empowerment and succession
- Chapter 8 - Roles, relationshipsm and community
- Chapter 9 - Certainty, uncertainty and coherence
- Chapter 10 - The top, the centre and the heart and soul
- Chapter 11 - The critically reflective leader
Buy the For Those Who Teach and Keys to School Leadership Set and save!