Browse by Category > Progressive Achievement Tests in Science (PAT Science)
Progressive Achievement Tests in Science (PAT Science)
Publisher: ACER Press 2009
***Registrations now open for the 2014 PAT Professional Learning seminars for teachers and leaders of primary and secondary schools. Register now!***
The Progressive Achievement Tests in Science (PATScience) is a thoroughly researched and nationally normed test to assess student achievement in scientific understanding from Years 3 to 10. The test questions are designed to assess science knowledge, scientific literacy and understanding of scientific principles, as well as their application.
- test booklets that target a specific year level and cover a wide range of year levels to cater for differing abilities
- short-answer questions and marking guides to provide more diagnostic information about a student's ability
- a common scale for all eight tests, giving teachers the ability to compare different students using different tests and monitor development over time
- national norms to allow for comparisons between student performances and the Australian reference group for each year level
- comprehensive norm, diagnostic and descriptive individual and group reports
- a CD containing copy masters of administration instructions, score keys and a range of report formats.
- Track students’ progress in science from Year 3 to Year 10
- Identify students’ strengths and weaknesses using the optional short-answer questions
- Use results to help report students’ progress to parents
- Teacher Manual with CD (contains all information required to administer, score and interpret the tests).
- Re-usable Test Booklets (eight multiple-choice tests, each targeted at a particular year level but suitable for use and normed in adjacent year levels to cater for differing abilities).
- Answer Sheets (scannable answer sheets so you can use ACER Test Scoring Services to save valuable teacher time).
Download sample questions for PATScience.
Need a printable order form? Get one here.
Note: These tests may only be purchased for School use by qualified Educational professionals.
|Code / ISBN||Title||Price|
|A000PSC||PATScience Specimen Set||$179.95|
|A500PSC||PATScience Teacher Manual||$116.95|
|A101PSC||PATScience Test Booklet 1 (Years 3 & 4)||$7.50|
|A102PSC||PATScience Test Booklet 2 (Years 3, 4 & 5)||$7.50|
|A103PSC||PATScience Test Booklet 3 (Years 4, 5 & 6)||$7.50|
|A104PSC||PATScience Test Booklet 4 (Years 5, 6 & 7)||$7.50|
|A105PSC||PATScience Test Booklet 5 (Years 6, 7 & 8)||$7.50|
|A106PSC||PATScience Test Booklet 6 (Years 7, 8 & 9)||$7.50|
|A107PSC||PATScience Test Booklet 7 (Years 8, 9 & 10)||$7.50|
|A108PSC||PATScience Test Booklet 8 (Years 9 & 10)||$7.50|
|A600PSC||PATScience Answer Sheet OMR (Pkg 10)||$15.00|
'For me, the greatest value in this material is not in identifying individual needs, but in auditing how your curriculum delivery is working – whether your students actually understand what is being taught... What the testing further clearly showed, though, is what was lacking in the science that had been delivered to these students, by me and those who came before me...
PATScience provides us with a test that’s easy to give, that’s easy to get marked, that’s easy to obtain various data for and that can show student progression. It allows for monitoring of individual students as well as auditing courses. With all that in mind, it’s great to see that someone has done the yucky part of the work for us, leaving us teachers to worry about providing the appropriate programs for our students and not messing around with datasheets.'
Carl Di Stefano, Science Teacher, St Joseph's College, Melbourne
Published in Teacher Magazine, December 2009