The ACER Mechanical Reasoning Test 2nd ed. (MRT-2) is a group test of mechanical reasoning ability. This ability can be defined broadly as the ability to perceive and understand relationships between components within a mechanism.
There are two main uses of the MRT-2: Selection of apprentices, trainees and technical/trade personnel, and Counselling of individuals (such as school leavers or mature age job changes, who aspire to occupations requiring mechanical reasoning ability).
The MRT-2 can be administered and scored by hand, or online via the ACER Psychological Testing Platform.
The ACER MRT-2 Forms A and B Manual provides information on:
- Overview of the MRT-2 and Mechanical Reasoning Ability
- Test Development
- Directions for scoring
- Interpretation of Test Scores
- Technical Details
The following qualification is required to access this product. Please login or register to proceed
Please contact ACER Customer Service on 1800 338 402 (toll free) if you have any queries.
Already registered, please login
Human Resources (HR)
- A Master’s degree in Human Resources, Psychology or a related discipline OR
- A Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Psychology or a related discipline PLUS evidence of a technical knowledge of test construction, use, administration and feedback
- OR completion of the ACER HR Certification. Click here to register for the ACER HR Practitioner Training.